WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS
PRESTON
Preston has had a few really busy weeks. Lots of papers, books, presentations...and his belt test for karate. He earned his brown belt and is looking forward to progressing even more and earning his black belt in the future. He's been taking karate for three years and has improved so much. He's also grown A TON! I put a picture from his first belt test and his most recent belt test for contrast. It's so crazy!
Preston had to complete a summary of King Leer for his Shakespeare class. He chose to create a stop motion video. It was super time-consuming, but well worth the effort. It turned out so great!
MARISSA
Marissa has been focusing a lot on reading. She finished reading "James and the Giant Peach." She also hosted a "read-a-thon" with Caleb and they had a great time reading lots of story books.
CALEB
Caleb worked on reading and math, but his favorite is always playing games. We played several games of chess this week. I'm the only one in the family who can consistently beat him now. I refuse to go easy on him since I know he can learn so much from an opponent a step or two ahead of him. I have no idea how he learned, but his brain seems to think in logic and strategy.
OTHER
NONFICTION PICTURE BOOKS
We loves discovering new picture books that teach us about a real story. It's become a new favorite genre. We can learn so much without it taking weeks and months. Here are a few we have read the past couple of weeks.
FALL WALKS


















No comments:
Post a Comment