Sunday, October 31, 2021

October 25 - 29

WEEKLY HIGHLIGHTS

PRESTON

Preston read Act 3, Scenes 1-5 in King Lear for his Shakespeare class.  He also wrote a paper about "How do Lear's friends - and yours - show their affection?"  

He also worked on more of his memorization of the Declaration of Independence.  I can't wait for him to know the whole thing.  It is amazing to listen to him!

MARISSA

Marissa read Meriwhether Lewis for her book discussion for her Ninja Scholar class.  One of her favorite parts were when they started on the road down the Missouri River and met the Indians, especially a chief named Black Buffalo.  He liked peace instead of fighting.  She also liked when Meriwhether put out the fire when the Indians attacked at their house when he was young.  That was really fast and smart thinking.  

Marissa also made a barn owl because they were very common at the time of the last two books that they have read for class (Benjamin Rush and Meriwhether Lewis).  Other common birds of the time were robins, eagles, and starlings.  


CALEB

Caleb learned about Teddy Roosevelt and the value of enthusiasm in his Heroic Youth class this week.  They learned to be explorers with the globe, searched through explorer books, put together puzzles and drew pictures about things they are enthusiastic about.  

I love watching things he learns about transfer to every day life.  I found him in the van waiting to go home flipping through an atlas I had left in there.  Makes my heart happy! 


OTHER

FAMILY DANCE

The kids and Marcos (dad) went to a family dance with our school last Friday.  My father passed away and so I could not attend as I had to meet with the mortuary that day.  The kids had delicious food and then danced the night away with a fun cowboy theme.  The dance even took place in a barn!  How great is that?



HALLOWEEN FUN

Marissa and Caleb had a great time decorating the house with Halloween decorations.  They did it all on their own while I was helping take care of my dad.  I came home to a very spooky, festive home.  


Caleb got to make "earth juice" in his Musikgarten class with root beer and dry ice.  He was so fascinated that we had to learn all about dry ice when we got home from his class.  








No comments:

Post a Comment